Uniting for Ukraine Instructions
For a PDF download of these instructions, Click Here. ( Please note that the external links will not work in the downloaded form)
Before you start filing the form – obtain the documents (PDF, JPG format) listed in section 6
Get started by following this link
Create an account by clicking on Sign In under the drop-down menu in the upper right corner
Log in into your account
Go to: My Account
Select File a Form online
Select I-134, Declaration of Financial Support
Scroll down and hit the START button to begin an application
The application consists of following sections and it is a questionary based form
1. Preparer and interpreter information
Anyone can complete the form, no need to hire a preparer as the form is very simple and strait forward.
2. About the individual
(USA citizen, Green Card holder, Student and/or Worker Visa holder) aggreging to financially support the beneficiary (an applicant must a. resided in Ukraine as of February 11, 2022 and be displaced due to the war; b. has a valid Ukrainian passport, or be included on a parent’s passport)
This section will ask you to provide your name, date of birth, place of residence, marriage status, etc
3. Financial information about the individual agreeing to financially support the beneficiary
This section is focusing on your income, sources of income and your dependents
Here is the link to household income requirements https://aspe.hhs.gov/topics/poverty-economic-mobility/poverty-guidelines
If the sponsor does not meet the income requirements, he/she can show their assets, bonds and/or savings
4. About the beneficiary
This section contains questions about beneficiary date of birth, place of residence, passport number, contact information, etc.
5. Beneficiary financial information
This section contains questions regarding beneficiary assets, savings, paychecks, etc.
6. Evidence – You must attach the following documents:
- Employment verification – a letter from your employer stating the date you were hired, full or part time position, temporary or permanent.
- Last pay check.
- W-2 form from 2020 or 2021.
- Proof of your immigration status, such Naturalization certificate, Green Card, etc.
- Bank statement if applicable
7. Additional information
- You can add any specific information that is not covered in the application.
- Review and submit this form.
- If you are sponsoring multiple people, make sure to submit i-134 for each individual regardless of age.
- You must log in into your account to check the status of your application
- When you are approved as a sponsor, USCIS will contact your beneficiary by email.
- Make sure that you provide beneficiary’s email. This is very critical step!
- When your beneficiary receives a notification, they have to create an account with the USCIS and complete their application.
- If their application is approved, the beneficiary will receive a travel authorization to their email box.
Most useful links: