Click on this link to RSVP for the dedication RSVP Now
We have been blessed with unwavering support and generous donations that have enabled us to build our new church. Please consider becoming part of our support community. By using the above link to donate, we will continue to keep you in our prayers, add your email address to our list, and and periodically update you about what’s happening at St. Sophia’s.
Note to Concelebrants. If you have been asked to concelebrate, please keep in mind that the dates below are within the Post-Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross. Dark vestments (red) will be worn.
Friday September 16 Vespers in English at St. Sophia with Bishop Danylo
Saturday September 17
- 2;30 to 3:30 – Clergy and Guests arrive. Light refreshments.
- 3:30 to 3:45 – Guest seating and Clergy preparation
- 4:00 – Dedication begins
- 6:00 – Liturgical Services End (time approximate). Pictures and pre-dinner refreshments
- 6:45/7:00 Dinner
- 8:30 – Program/Remarks. Evening concludes with the end of the program
Map / Directions to St. Sophia
Hampton Inn Inn Garner/Clayton
A block of rooms at a discounted rateis available. They are double queen rooms at a special rate of $120 _ tax. Click the following link to go to the hotel web site where you can find photos and a list of amenities. To get the special rate, call the hotel at 919.772.6500 and ask for the St. Sophia Dedication rate. Hotel Web Site. You must reserve your room by August 22nd to receive the special disount rate.
There is limited parking on the church property. Parking passes will be issued in advance for the Bishop, Concelebrating Clergy, Catering Staff and Event Volunteers. Guest parking is located at the Mt. Herman Christian Church at the corner of White Oak Road and Rayner Road. The Street address is: 8925 White Oak Rd, Garner, NC 27529, which is approximately 1 mile east of St. Sophia. We are most grateful to the congregation of Mt Herman Christian church for their kindness in allowing us to use their parking lot. A continuous shuttle service will operate between the parking lot and the church (a 3 minute ride).
Do not park on the neighboring streets. In addition to creating ill-will with our neighbors, vehicles will be towed.
- Church: Air conditioned, Maximum capacity 117 people.
- Overflow tent with live video for attendees not able to be seated in the Church
- Restrooms – 5: 3 in Church, 2 in lower level of the house
Refreshments / Dinner
- Tent on site to accommodate banquet and overflow from Dedication
- Cafe/Pub tables scattered about the grounds for small group congregating
- Event to be catered
- There no charge for the refreshments and banquet, although donations to defray the costs are greatly appreciated
- Light refreshments will be available during the arrival period and the time between the end of the liturgical services and the beginning of the banquet.
Email: email@example.com or Phone: 919.376.8099