The Widow of Nain
- Begin with a Prayer – This will play in the beginning of the Lesson Story video
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen
- Play The Lesson Story
Story Text: One day, our Lord Jesus and His disciples went to a city called Na’in. Many people followed Him. When He got near the city gate, a dead man was being carried out in an open coffin. The man’s mother and many people from Na’in were following. The mother was very sad because first her husband had died and now her only son died, too. She did not have anyone le to provide for her. When Jesus saw the woman, He was sad about what had happened. He told the woman not to cry. Then, He touched the open coffin. The people who were carrying it stood still. Jesus said, “Young man, I say to you, arise!” The dead man sat up and even started to talk! Jesus took the young man to his mother. All the people were amazed because of the miracle they saw. They praised and thanked God.
- Play a short movie of the Gospel Story
- Download a Coloring Page – Color it and bring it to church on Sunday
- Family Discussion
- What Do You Think?
- What did Jesus and His disciples see when they entered the city?
- Why was the mother sad?
- What did Jesus say to her?
- What did Jesus do?
- A miracle is something that is amazing. Jesus did many miracles. They showed that he was God. They showed that God loves His people.
- This miracle shows that Jesus has power over life and death. It makes us think about Pascha when we celebrate that Jesus rose from the dead to give us life forever!